Friday, March 6, 2009

Day 01: Purchase, Payment, Pickup



On Sunday February 28th I went to go see the car, an 1963 AMC Rambler Classic 550 in Grand Isle, VT. My father went with me and brought the tow truck... just in case. Good thing we brought the tow truck because I ended up buying on the spot for a great deal. It needs a bit of work, but it runs and the frame is in great shape. Seems someone in the previous owners past took a shot at the window with a baseball bat... tragic. The window will set me back a few bucks, thats certain. 

The color is a nice turquoise reminiscent of the 60's, which I like. The interior needs some love but thats half the fun after-all! For the most part the car is original, the engine has been rebuilt but runs great, only 76k miles. Im eagerly anticipating the weather to warm up so I can get to work on this. In the end it will make a great ride for the summer (and especially going to the drive in).

No comments:

Post a Comment